SolidWorks Electrical simplifies electrical system design with intelligent design tools, a comprehensive parts database, and real-time integration between 2D schematics and 3D models.
BY: SAJITH WEI HENAGE
The major components of SOLIDWORKS Electrical are:
You can install all SOLIDWORKS Electrical components on the same machine. This installation is typically regarded as a stand-alone install. All program data, such as project drawings and reports, are stored on a single system.
You can also install the SOLIDWORKS Electrical components as a client/server application. This installation is required when data must be stored on a network server, or where there is an existing SQL Server database on a network server that stores all the SOLIDWORKS Electrical databases. In these cases, full administrative rights are required on both the server and client systems. Also, client systems must have network access to the server and read/write privileges for creating projects, libraries, and symbols.
3. Click ‘Next’ and the following screen you will come to will let you input your serial numbers for your various SOLIDWORKS products.
A SolidWorks Electrical Schematic serial number is usually only required where SolidWorks is not being installed. (If the SOLIDWORKS and Electrical serial numbers are the same, only use the SOLIDWORKS 3D design section). If you have a different SOLIDWORKS Electrical Serial number, expand the Electrical Design section and input your serial numbers.
4. Product selection tab gives you the options to turn on the products that you are entitled to. The below image has the appropriate boxes selected for a Standalone install of SolidWorks Electrical with the end user machine being the SQL server host.
5. Click ‘Next’ to go to the Summary Here you can click the ‘CHANGE’ button to alter any products selected or specify different installation locations.
6. Select ‘CHANGE’ next to Electrical Options to see how electrical will be installed. Here you can specify server SQL name and data location and all other settings can be local. You can Install a new instance of SQL Server and accept the default settings. (If it is an upgrade and you already have an existing electrical instance, select the Use an existing SQL Server database option and insert the name of the database along with the authentication method).*IT IS RECOMMENDED TO KEEP THE AUTOGENERATED PASSWORD BUT IF YOU DO WISH TO CHANGE IT, PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS IS KEPT ON FILE*
7. Click on ‘Back to Summary’ and in the next screen accept the terms of the SolidWorks. Then click ‘Install Now’ or ‘Modify Now’ to start the installation.
Enjoy the software and if you need help, please don’t hesitate to contact us for support.