Enter the server details (as you have specified in Step 6 of Section 1. You can also double check these details by accessing the “Server List” tab in the SolidNetWork License Manager Server).
8) Continue the installation as if it is a standalone installation.
NB: Activation is not required for the client installation; this is taken care of on the server side.
2. Maintaining the SNL Server
– SolidWorks releases 5-6 service packs per annual release. An important detail to note is that the server must be on the latest release compared to the client, i.e. if the SolidWorks server is 2019 Service Pack 3, the latest the client installation can be is SolidWorks 2019 Service Pack 3 and earlier. The client can run any earlier versions of SolidWorks as long as it does not supersede the SNL Server.
– The SNL server must be updated before the client installation can be updated to the latest SolidWorks service pack. Updating the client before the server will cause the SolidWorks client to cease working.
Updating the SNL server follows the same steps as outlined in Section 1.
– If any of the client computers are running parallel installations, e.g. the computer has SolidWorks 2019, 2018 and 2017, and the SNL server is installed, update or modify the latest installation instance of SolidWorks.
– Depending on firewall security, inbound and outbound exceptions may need to be done for ports 25734-25735.